Friday 3 October 2008

Pocari Sweat



















Pocari Sweat, a Japanese sports drink, which has the same translucent milky appearance as sperm, although thankfully not the same texture (I can't comment on the taste), has been amusing English speaking tourists for close to three decades now.  Originally launched in Japan in1980 by the  Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company, Pocari Sweat is now available in much of Asia, and some of the Middle East.  

According to the front of the bottle "Pocari Sweat is a healthy beverage that smoothly supplies the lost water and electrolytes lost during perspiration."  What I would like to know is if Pocari Sweat is so popular, why Otsuka Pharmaceutical has not launched an energy bar that is a cross between a Snickers and a Kit Kat that "tastily supplies the fibre and peanuts lost during excretion" and called it Pocari Shit?




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

AHHAHAHA!
Brutal but true.

I bought Pocari Sweat by accident when I was in Japan, and boy was I sorry. It was a hot day and I thought it was just an unfortunately named bottle of water with lots of condensation on it.

Awful, it tasted exactly like sweat.